Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Giving Tuesday

After 4 solid days of shopping, crowds and focusing on getting - today is such a breath of fresh air. I love this day.
Slow down.  Focus on others. Be the best version of yourself.
A lot has been going on this last week.  Thanksgiving, sick kids, business, my mom falling and breaking her leg, sick kids, basketball games, ear piercing, sick kids - but today, today I will pause from the busyness of life and focus on blessing others.
A couple years ago a lady was told she had miscarried the precious baby she had been praying for.  As she left the doctor's office she wanted to just make someone's day brighter, despite her day being so bleak.  She donated one of our ruler's to the next person who ordered.  The mom who received it was so blessed - a single mother struggling to make ends meet.  A little over a year later, that lady had a precious baby girl who is just perfect.
Focus on others.
This time of year it's easy to hold on tightly to what we have for our own family's.  But over the last 4 years I have realized when I am generous with what I've been given, the reward for my family is so much greater than money ever is.
Today is the heart of the season.
Slow down.  Focus on others.  Be the best version of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment